1. The service on www.info-board.org (hereinafter the "online service") is directed exclusively at individual congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses for use within the scope of their religious activity.
2. The online service is a private, non-commercial and gratuitous offer of the website operator Riccardo Oppermann, 21077 Hamburg, Germany, (hereinafter the "Provider"). This is not an official servic of the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses.
II. Conclusion of contract
1. The contracting parties to a contract for the use of the online service are the provider and the coordinator of the eldership of the congregation (hereinafter the "contractual partner") for which the contractual partner wishes to use the online service.
2. The contract is concluded when the contractual partner submits the fully completed registration form to the provider and the provider activates the online services for the contractual Partner.
3. The activation of the online service requires in any case that the contractual partner sends the provider a signed copy of the agreement on commissioned data processing, which the provider will send to the contractual partner in connection with the registration, by e-mail to
4. if the contractual partner is no longer coordinator of the eldership of the congregation, this must be communicated to the provider. The new coordinator of the eldership is entitled to continue this usage contract. In this case, the provider may demand a corresponding declaration from the new contractual partner confirming the continuation of the contract under these conditions.
III. Services / responsibility of the contractual partner
1. After the activation of the online service, the contractual partner shall be given the opportunity to use a password-protected online area (hereinafter "user page"), which can be used as a "noticeboard" for the congregation named in the registration form. For this purpose, the provider shall make storage space available to the coordinator of the eldership of an congregation on a server connected to the Internet. The contractual partner has the possibility, using the tools provided, to upload content (e.g. documents and videos) onto the user page and to make them accessible to the users selected by him.
2. The contractual partner shall select the passwords for the user side (currently admin password, password for authorised users with read and write rights and password for authorised users with read-only rights) and shall and administers them for the duration of this user contract under its own responsibility. It is pointed out to the contractual partner that essentially only the members associated with the specified congregation should have access to the published contents.
3. The contractual partner may not pass on the admin password or otherwise make it accessible to another person without the consent of the provider.
4. The contractual partner is responsible for the lawful use of the user site. This applies in particular to all data contents and processed data. The contractual partner is obliged to only upload and make accessible only content for which he has a right of use or for which he is the author. The provider does not take note of the contents and does not check the contents as a matter of principle.
5. The provider is entitled to temporarily block access to the user site if there is a justified interest in doing so, in particular if there are there are indications of unlawful or improper use or claims are asserted against the provider due to the use of the contractual partner.
IV. Data protection
1. The contracting partner is hereby informed that the posting of content on the user side generally involves the processing of personal data of the members of the respective congregation and, if applicable, further third parties. The contracting partner is the sole responsible for these contents in the sense of data protection law and must ensure that he is authorised to process the personal data concerned.
2. In order to fulfil its obligations under data protection law, the contractual partner is obliged to inform the data subjects about the processing of personal data. As a rule, this must be done before or at the time of collection of the data from the data subject and before publication on the user site. The fulfilment of this obligation is the sole responsibility of the contractual partner.
V. Warranty and liability
The provider does not provide any warranty for the services according to this contract of use, in particular he does not make any promises of availability. With the exception of intent and gross negligence, the provider's liability is excluded.
1. The user contract is concluded for an indefinite period. Both parties are entitled to terminate the contract at any time with a notice period of fourteen days.
2. After termination of the contractual relationship, the provider is no longer obliged to provide the contractual services. The provider may delete all of the user's data located on the server. A transfer of the contents to a server of a third party provider is not possible.
As at: 06.04.2022
With this data protection declaration, the provider of www.info-board.org would like to inform you about the extent to which and the purpose for which personal data is processed in connection with calling up the website www.info-board.org (hereinafter the „website“) and the services offered via this website. Personal data is data which, directly or indirectly, allow conclusions to be drawn about the person of the user of this website, e.g. name, e-mail address and the IP address.
The services offered via this website are a private, non-commercial and free offer by the website operator Riccardo Oppermann, Scharfsche Schlucht 1a, 21077 Hamburg, (hereinafter the „Provider“). The service is aimed exclusively at individual congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses for use in the context of their religious activity and offers the individual congregations a digital "notice board". For this purpose, the provider makes storage space available to the coordinator of the eldership of a congregation on a server connected to the Internet. [This is not an official service of the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses].
Responsibility under data protection law
Contents on the notice board
The use and administration of the digital noticeboard of an congregation (see above „General“) is the responsibility of the coordinator of the eldership of the congregation for which the digital noticeboard is used. This person is also the person responsible for the content available on the digital noticeboard (e.g. documents and videos) in accordance with Article 4 No. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As a rule, the provider has no access to or knowledge of the content. Insofar as he nevertheless takes note of or otherwise processes personal data in connection with the content, he is a processor. In case of questions or complaints about the content available on the noticeboard, the user should contact the coordinator of the eldership of his congregation.
Other processing operations in connection with the use of the website
Insofar as the data processing is otherwise related to the use of the website and the provider's online service, the provider (see above „General“) is the responsible party pursuant to Article 4 No. 7 GDPR.
Data processing when visiting the website
When the website is called up, the browser used on the user's end device automatically sends information to the web server that delivers the website. This information is stored in so-called server log files.
The following information is collected and stored without the user's intervention:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Time of access with indication of the time zone
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- data volume transferred
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser and operating system used on your computer
- Name of the user's access provider.
This data is processed by the provider or the provider's host provider for the operation of the website and to ensure IT security. The server log files are stored for a period of 14 days and then automatically deleted.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. The legitimate interest of the provider follows from the above-mentioned purposes of an efficient and secure provision of our website.
Contact and contract of use
The provider collects and processes personal data in connection with the use of the contact form for the purpose of requesting a usage contract for the use of a digital noticeboard (see „General“ above) and in connection with the conclusion of the usage contract and its execution. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
Users may consent to receive email notifications about the posting of new content. This requires the processing of users' email addresses.
For sending the email notifications, the provider uses the Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), a service of Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL based in Luxembourg (AWS). The server locations of AWS are within the EU (Dublin, Frankfurt, Paris and others). In individual cases, however, data may also be transferred to Amazon Web Services, Inc. in the USA. In the USA, there is no level of data protection equivalent to that of the EU. The provider has concluded an order processing agreement with AWS ("Data Processing Addendum", available at https://d1.awsstatic.com/legal/aws-gdpr/AWS_GDPR_DPA.pdf), which obliges AWS to protect user data. Nevertheless, it cannot be ruled out that data transmitted to the USA may be subject to access by the US security authorities.
The legal basis for this processing is consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO. The user can freely revoke consent given by him/her at any time with effect for the future.
Cookies are used on the website. Cookies are text files that are stored in the internet browser or by the internet browser on the user's computer system. When a user accesses a website, a cookie may be stored on the user's device.
The provider sets a cookie in connection with a user's login to the digital notice board (see „General“ above). This is absolutely necessary for the realisation of the login process. Without a cookie, the user would have to re-enter his or her password each time he or she accesses a new page or document.
The legal basis for data processing is Section 25 (2) no. 2 TTDSG and Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO (legitimate interests).
The provider uses the open-source analysis tool Matomo (formerly Piwik) to measure visitor numbers. This tool sets a cookie to distinguish individual users from each other, provided the user gives their consent to this.
Since Matomo is hosted via the provider's server or host provider, this data never leaves the provider's area of responsibility. IP addresses are anonymised by three digits and do not allow any conclusions to be drawn about the actual connection.
The legal basis for this processing is the consent of the user (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO).
Data subjects' rights
The user has various rights with regard to the processing of personal data. He or she has a comprehensive right to information and may, if necessary, demand the correction, restriction and/or deletion or blocking of his or her personal data. With regard to the personal data provided to the provider by the user, the user also has the right to data portability.
Revoking consent and objection
Consent once given by the user can be freely revoked at any time with effect for the future. The revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
If personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f DSGVO, the user has the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from the user's particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, the user has a general right to object, which can be implemented without specifying a particular situation. The provider does not use personal data for advertising purposes.
The user may address complaints to the provider or the competent supervisory authority.
As at: 06.04.2022